ALLEZ-"HOOP" DEVELOPMENT CENTER
The "Allez Hoop" from Basketball Quebec is designed to develop basic skills, sportsmanship and the interest in basketball among youth aged 6 to 12 years. The concept of the program is to provide uniform coaching, based on learning through fun and play. Coaches will support young people to develop their psychomotor skills and gross motor skills as well as specific skills in basketball (passing, dribbling, shooting, catching). The curriculum meets the long-term development guidelines of the athlete (LTAD) from Sport Canada. The program is flexible and allows local organizers to adapt it.
>Program offer :
• identified “Allez Hoop” reversible jersey
• Size 5 Molten rubber basketball
In addition to these items, the kit includes the following benefits:
• Participation in a sanctioned provincial program
• Between 16 and 20 hours of play and learning in gym
• Basketball Program in connection with the long-term development model of the athlete (LTAD)
• Insurance coverage (liability)
• Membership to the Basketball Federation of Quebec
>Turnkey for Participating Organizations :
- To increase the visibility of the sport in Quebec
- Increase the number of participants in each region of Quebec
- To target, recruit and train coaches
Basketball Quebec is pleased to count on the collaboration of several organizations, which hosts the activities in their Development Centers.
Follow us on our Facebook page
The coaching package contains:
- Salaries paid by Basketball Quebec
- Intensive training of 8 hours: NCCP Level "Community Coach"
- A follow-up by Basketball Quebec with your coach
- Official “Allez-Hoop t-shirt for the coach
- A curriculum with a uniform lesson plan for all age groups
The curriculum followed by the coach is considered as the main tool of “Allez Hoop” program to optimize the development of children by providing a uniform framework for all age groups. It was created in order to promote the development of each athlete in a stimulating, fun and suitable for all age groups.
Some of the subjects covered are:
• Learning techniques through play
• The development of fundamental movement skills and the individual technics to the sport of basketball.
The trainer’s manual also contains a curriculum for 12 to 16 practices allowing trainer(s) to provide quality education without having to develop them.
The curriculum is divided into 3 age groups:
• Fundamentals: from 6 to 8 years
• Learn to Train: between 9 and 10 years
• Train to Train: between 11 and 12 years
A young 6 year old is not in the same phase of development as a young 12 years. The curriculum is tailored to the participant's age and thus follows the model of development in the long term athlete (LTAD).
Nos prochaines activités
Saturday October 20th 09:00 to Sunday October 21st, 2018 17:00PNCE - Apprendre à s'entraîner - St-Jean-sur-le-Richelieu
Saturday October 20th 09:00 to Sunday October 21st, 2018 17:00PNCE - Apprendre à s'entraîner- Gatineau
Saturday October 20th 09:00 to Sunday October 21st, 2018 18:00PNCE - Apprendre à s'entraîner - Chicoutimi
Thursday October 25th 16:00 to Sunday October 28th, 2018 17:00PNCE S'entraîner à s'entraîner - Gatineau
Saturday October 27th 09:00 to Sunday October 28th, 2018 17:00PNCE - Apprendre à s'entraîner - Amos
Saturday November 3rd 09:00 to Sunday November 4th, 2018 17:00PNCE Apprendre à s'entraîner - Québec
Saturday November 3rd 09:00 to Sunday November 4th, 2018 17:00PNCE Apprendre à s'entraîner - Châteauguay
Saturday November 24th 09:00 to Sunday November 25th, 2018 17:00PNCE Apprendre à s'entraîner- Montréal