TRAINING OF COACHES - LEARN TO TRAIN (OLD LEVEL 1)
Learn to Train stage - Click here for a list of courses offered (season 2016-2017)
Registration form (interactive form, thank you FOR downloading the form before filling)
Learn to Train replaces over NCCP Level 1 technical and theoretical. It is the first level to complete the NCCP program. Learn the basic basketball skills while continuing to focus on basic motor skills in a fun and welcoming environment.
After completing this course the coaches will be considered "Trained".
To become "Certified", coaches must complete a PORTFOLIO. since September 2011, correcting the portfolio will cost $ 25.00 (taxes included).
Cost: $ 235.00 (taxes included) including learning material
Course duration: 14 hours of training
Schedule: Saturday 9:00 to 5:00 p.m. with a break for lunch
Sunday 9:00 to 5:00 p.m. with a break for lunch
The level NCCP Introduction to Competition is specifically for coaches of athletes as recommended by Canada Basketball in the "Development Model Long Term Athlete in basketball".
The course includes information on ethical decision making elements, modified games, security, planning a practice and development of basketball skills.
It is important that coaches make reading these 3 documents before training:
* Note: This is a preparatory READING, so there is no need to print them *
Reading materials before the course :
> Approche de l’enseignement par des parties modifiées (pdf)
> Prendre des décisions éthiques (pdf)
> Planifier une séance d’entraînement (pdf)
This course brings together the technical and theoretical aspects. Coaches participating in this course involved with youth 10 to 13 years. After completing this course the coaches will be considered "Trained".
To be "Certified" coaches will complete the review on Ethics (Ethical Decisions - Competition Introduction). For this review, the coaches have to wait to get their locker number, following the training and visit the ACE website (www.coach.ca) to complete the exam for free.
Thereafter, coaches must complete the Portfolio and return it by mail to the attention of Alejandro Hasbani (Basketball Federation of Quebec
4545, avenue Pierre-De Coubertin. Montreal (Quebec) H1V 0B2).
A correction cost of $ 25.00 (tax included) will be required from September 2011.
* Portfolios will not be returned to the coaches, so please make a copy if necessary.
IMPORTANT! Consider yourself registered SI: your registration form is completed and full payment received at least 5 days BEFORE the date of training. NO REGISTRATION WILL BE ACCEPTED ON SITE.
- 20 ATHLETES INVITED TO ATTEND DEVELOPMENT WOMEN’S NATIONAL TEAM TRYOUTS
- 2017 15U NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS TIP-OFF ON JULY 24
- 14 ATHLETES SELECTED TO ATTEND SENIOR WOMEN’S PHASE 3 TRAINING AND SELECTION CAMP
- Come rep your colours at SummerFest 2017!
- Basketball Quebec reveals their 2017 coaching staff!
- 34th Autumn Fest: 14-16 October!
- 2 dayBasketballQc - Prior to tonight’s game, we wanted to say thank you @mokeefe64 for everything you’ve done to grow the game of 🏀 i… https://t.co/gQAA4hN0DU [...]
- 2 dayBasketballQc - En images, découvrez les tenues que porteront nos équipes Québec cet été ! ⚪️🔵 [photo]
- 2 dayBasketballQc - Tornades de Longueuil X @usabasketball U18 ! 🇨🇦🇺🇸 [photo]
- 3 dayBasketballQc - Du gymnase d'Alma aux @warriors, c'est l'histoire de @chrisboucher. "Grind Now, Shine Later". [photo] [...]
- 4 dayBasketballQc - Ce lundi @NBACanada diffusera un court film sur le basketteur Québécois @chrisboucher "Grind Now Shine Later". À ne… [Link] [...]